Thursday 31 July 2014

Weightlifting commonwealth games

WALT
describe settings
Use more punctuation correctly

I was in the waiting room, my coach was writing down how much I was going to lift it was 179k. They call me out I go on the stage I go over to grip my hands with the white powder. I go up to the bar I hear the crowd cheering me on. I squatted down and put my hands on the cold bar. I pick it up but suddenly my left neay clicks and I drop the bar I am so angry with myself that I scream.

I have to go back to the waiting room. I am so angry, I go and practice with the bar in the waiting room. Then they call me out for my second attempt with that weight. My heart was pumping when I walked to the grey bar. I kept telling myself that I can do it in my head. I bent my legs and put my large hands on the bar. It fell’s wet because of the sweet I lift it up and I get it over my head but only for a split second and then I drop it.

I go back to the waiting room I know I am not going to lift the next weight but If I do I get gold. I practice until I am called out. When I get out on to the stage I have to go to the bar it is so nerve racking. I squatted down and I pick the bar up I am so focused and then I get it over my head and I hear over the the intercom “ Kate Bell has got gold” I drop the bar and run around screaming with happiness.

                                                        The End  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kate
    So cool next time I might do weightlifting. Keep up the good work. Do you think that you will go to the commonwealth games and do weightlifting when you are older.
    Bye Bye
    Holly

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment.